FoodMicro 2020 – FAQ
- How do I register for this conference?
In order to register for the conference please use the FoodMicro 2020 online services booking form .
- How can I pay the registration fees?
Payment of the registration fees can be made by credit card or bank transfer.
- Can I cancel my registration for the conference?
Yes. According to the conference policy, only written cancellation requests will be accepted. For any application made prior to May 10th, a full refund will be given minus a 20€ administration fee.
No refund will be accorded May 11th, 2020.
- Can I make a name change to my registration?
Until June 11th, 2020 an administration fee of 20€ will apply for name changes. All applications past this date will be declined.
Any change request needs to be addressed at the conference secretariat by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I receive an invoice under my sponsoring Company/ Institution’s name?
Yes. If you require an invoice, please select the option “I will need an invoice” while registering on the FoodMicro 2020 online services booking form . Once the option is selected, you will be asked to fill in the billing details of the company/institution the invoice should be issued to.
- Can I register for the conference without paying?
You can submit your registration without paying, but in this case, your registration fees will be subject to changes according to the respective deadlines. Please note that a registration will only be considered valid when fully paid and that if the payment is not completed by the late registration deadline, you will have to register on site.
- Can I register before the early fee deadline and pay later?
In order to benefit from the early registration fee, full payment must be completed before the deadline expires.
- Can I register onsite?
Yes. Onsite registration will be available with the relevant period fee in the conference secretariat during the conference days.
However, authors have to pay their registration at the latest by May 10th, 2020.
- What does my registration fee include?
For details on the entitlements of each registration please visit the relevant section of the conference registration page .
- Will I receive a confirmation letter after I have finished registering?
Yes. A detailed confirmation letter and receipt – if the payment is complete- will be sent to you via email as soon upon submission of your details in the services online form.
- Are lunches, coffee breaks and/or dinners included in the registration fee?
Lunch boxes and coffee breaks scheduled during the conference days are included in the registration fee.
- How many abstracts can I submit?
You may be a co-author to an unlimited number of abstracts but can only be the presenter of one.
- If I submit an abstract do I have to attend the conference?
You only have to attend if you are the presenting author in an accepted abstract.
Therefore we encourage you to only submit an abstract presuming you intend to attend the conference and present it.
- I have submitted an abstract, when will I know if it has been accepted?
All submitters will be notified via email on April 30.
- How can I make changes to an abstract I have already submitted?
You can make changes to your abstract through the online submission form until March 16 when submissions will close.
- My abstract has been accepted but I do not have a copy. Are you able to send one to me?
You can view your abstract though the online form in which it was submitted using the codes you created the first time you logged in.
- Is there a specific template I have to use to submit my abstract?
No specific template is required to submit your abstract. Please visit the relevant section of the website and follow instructions provided to submit your abstract.
- How do I apply for a Visa to come to Greece?
Visa regulations depend on your nationality and country of origin. We suggest that you contact your local Greek Embassy or Consulate for full and official instructions on the specific Visa regulations and application procedures that apply to you. For more detailed information please visit the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs: www.mfa.gr
- Where can I get an Invitation Letter so that I can apply for a Visa?
In order to obtain a Visa Invitation Letter your registration fee must be fully paid. You may request a letter through the FoodMicro 2020 online services booking form. An official Invitation Letter will be created and sent to you by e-mail within 10 working days.
- Is it possible to send an official Invitation Letter directly to my local Greek Consulate?
Unfortunately we are not able to send Invitation Letters directly to Consulates. Invitation Letters are prepared solely for individuals and are sent directly to them.
Conference Venue and Directions
- Where is the conference taking place?
The conference will take place at the Megaron Athens International Conference Centre. For more information please visit the relevant section of the FoodMicro 2020 website, Venue.
- How can I get to the conference venue from the airport?
For information on how to get to the conference venue please visit the relevant section of the FoodMicro 2020 website, Getting There.
- Is there free Wi-Fi internet available at the venue?
Yes, free Wi-Fi will be available at the conference venue.
- Does the venue offer access to those with disabilities?
Yes. There is easy access to and within the Megaron for guests with impaired physical mobility, while the halls have specially designated areas for wheelchairs.
- How can I find out information about hotels and rates?
Detailed information about hotels and rates can be found in our conference accommodation page .
- How can I book my own room and should I pay in advance?
You may book your room through the FoodMicro 2020 online services booking form . Please note that in order to confirm your booking the full payment must be completed.
- Will I receive a hotel confirmation?
Yes. A detailed confirmation will be sent to you by email as soon as the booking is confirmed and the requested payment is received.
- How can I book rooms for a group?
For details regarding group booking please contact the FoodMicro Meeting Hospitality Secretariat at: email@example.com.